FEASTIVAL is a 3-day festival held in the pristine alpine environment of Falls Creek, in North East Victoria. FEASTIVAL Falls Creek was born to celebrate the food, wine, culture, music and arts of the unique alpine region. The event spans three days, packed with an array of music, art, comedy, science, and culinary experiences for its visitors. The inaugural event in 2022 attracted over 2,000 visitors, not bad for a first-timer.
At the core of this event is the Feast de Résistance, a distinguished music festival taking place from early afternoon to late evening on the Saturday. It showcases a wide range of Australian musical talent, encompassing both globally recognized artists and emerging local talents.
Dates: Usually in February. (February 16-18, 2024)
Location: Falls Creek Village, North-East Victoria, Australia
- Feast de Résistance: A highlight music festival featuring a range of Australian artists
- Comedy Night: An evening of laughter and entertainment
- Art Exhibitions: Showcasing local and regional artists
- Star Gazing Walk: Exploring the night sky in the Alpine setting
- Yoga and Pilates Sessions: For relaxation and wellness
- Farmers’ Market: Highlighting local produce and crafts
- Mountain Biking: All-mountain access for adventure seekers
Website: FEASTIVAL Official Website
Local Area Tourism Information:
Falls Creek is renowned for its beautiful Alpine scenery, offering activities like hiking, biking, swimming, and kayaking. The local area boasts fine food and wine, representing the unique flavors of North-East Victoria.
In Falls Creek, Victoria, during the summer, there are a variety of activities to enjoy in its alpine environment:
- Mountain Biking: The Falls Creek Mountain Bike Park boasts over 50km of trails, catering to all skill levels.
- Hiking and Trail Running: Explore the beautiful Bogong High Plains on a variety of trails, including the Falls to Hotham Alpine Crossing.
- Road Cycling: Experience challenging climbs and scenic views in a cycle-friendly environment.
- Gravel Riding: Traverse the network of gravel and backcountry routes around Falls Creek.
- Watersports: Enjoy kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, and sailing on Rocky Valley Lake.
- Fishing & Fly Fishing: Try your luck at catching brown and rainbow trout, or chinook salmon in the local lakes.
- Disc Golf: Play disc golf through the alpine course, a twist on traditional golf using a frisbee.
- Altitude Training: Athletes can train at over 1650m above sea level for a unique high-altitude experience.
- Rock Climbing & High Ropes Course: Engage in adventurous activities at Howman’s Gap.
- Bike Pump Track: Improve biking skills on the village pump track.